With Valentines just a couple days away, many of you are thinking of a meaningful valentine gift for others. This homemade birdseed biscuit is a project that combines both art and nature, while also providing the perfect opportunity for a child to extend their love of nature to friends and family.
Encourage your love ones to hang their heart shape biscuit close to a window to admire birds in nature.
- 3/4 cup of birdseed
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoon Water
- Heart shape Cookie cutter
- Cookie sheet
- Our recipe makes two 3-inch biscuits (one is shown here) or a single 4-inch biscuit. Mix together the birdseed, flour, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Spray or wipe a cookie cutter with oil and place it on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Pack the mixture into the cutter, inserting half a straw near the top to create a hole for hanging.
- Bake the biscuit (with the straw) in a 170º oven until the biscuit is hard, about one hour. Let it cool.
- Remove the straw, thread a ribbon through the hole, and hang it outside in a sheltered spot.